Surrendering an FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) license involves following a specific process to formally terminate your registration or license. Here are the steps to surrender your FSSAI license:
- Notify the FSSAI Authority: Write a formal letter or email to your local FSSAI Authority or the central FSSAI office, depending on the type of license you hold. In this communication, clearly state your intention to surrender your FSSAI license.
- Provide Details: In your notification, include essential details such as your FSSAI license number, the reason for surrendering the license, and the effective date from which you wish to surrender it. Be concise and clear in your communication.
- Settle Outstanding Dues: Ensure that you have settled any outstanding fees, penalties, or dues related to your FSSAI license. The FSSAI may not accept your surrender request until all financial obligations are met.
- Return the License Certificate: If you have a physical FSSAI license certificate, return it to the local FSSAI Authority or the relevant department as per their instructions. Keep a copy of your surrender communication and a record of sending back the certificate.
- Receive Confirmation: After submitting your surrender request, you should receive a confirmation from the FSSAI Authority acknowledging the receipt of your request and confirming the termination of your license.
- Compliance Inspection (if required): In some cases, the FSSAI Authority may conduct a compliance inspection to ensure that all food safety standards are met before accepting the surrender of your license.
- Publication of Surrender: The FSSAI may publish your license surrender in their official Gazette or on their website, as per their standard procedures.
- Notify Stakeholders: Inform all relevant stakeholders, such as employees, suppliers, and customers, about the surrender of your FSSAI license. This is especially important if you were involved in food production, distribution, or catering.
- Maintain Records: Keep records of all correspondence, including your surrender letter, confirmation from the FSSAI Authority, and any other relevant documents related to the surrender process.
- Compliance with Legal Requirements: Ensure that you have complied with any other legal requirements or regulations associated with your food business before surrendering your FSSAI license.
Remember that the process for surrendering an FSSAI license may vary slightly depending on your specific circumstances and the state or region in which you operate. It’s advisable to consult with your local FSSAI Authority or legal counsel to ensure that you follow the correct procedure and fulfill all obligations related to your license surrender.