WHATS IS FSSAI / FOSCOS
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an authority to provide FSSAI FOSCOS license to every food business and made compulsory to have a food license before initiating the business. Every food business operator such as the producers, brokers, eateries associated needs to acquire a 14-digit enrollment or a permit number which must be imprinted on Food Packages.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FSSAI & FOSCOS LICENCE?
Both FSSAI and Food Licence are same.
FSSAI SAMPLE CERTIFICATE
BENEFITS OF FOSCOS
BENEFITS OF OBTAINING A FOSCOS/FSSAI LICENSE/REGISTRATION
WHO NEEDS FSSAI LICENSE?
FSSAI License / Registration is mandatory for all the food and food related businesses, this 14 digit license number gives us information about the permit of the producer.
- Petty retailers, retail shops, snacks shops, confectionery or the Bakery Shop, etc.
- Temporary stalls, or food premises that are involved in the preparation, distribution, storage, and sale of food products.
- Hawkers who sell packed or freshly prepared food.
- Dairy units like milk chilling units, petty milkman, and the milk vendors.
- Vegetable oil processing units.
- Slaughterhouse like meat shop, mutton shop, chicken shop, lamb meat shop.
- Meat and Fish processing units.
- All food manufacturing and processing units include the repacking of food.
- Proprietary and novel food.
- Cold store facility.
- Transporter of food products that have several specialized vehicles like the insulated refrigerated van/wagon, milk tanker, food wagon, food trucks.
- Any wholesaler, supplier, distributor, and marketer of food products.
- Hotels, Restaurants, and Bars.
- Dhaba, Banquet halls with food catering, home-based food services and food stalls in fairs or other religious places.
- Importers and the Exporters of Food.
- And cloud kitchens.
TYPE OF FOSCOS REGISTRATION
FSSAI , FOSCOS BASIC REGISTRATION
This is required for small businesses that have an annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs. Basic registration can be upgraded to state license later as you grow your business. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
FSSAI ,FOSCOS STATE LICENSE
Mid-sized companies that have an annual turnover more then 12 lakh and less than 20 crores need to apply for an FSSAI , FOSCOS State License. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
FSSAI , FOSCOS CENTRAL LICENSE
Large businesses that have an annual turnover of Rs. 20 crore and above must apply for an FSSAI ,FOSCOS Central License. Another scenario when an FSSAI ,FOSCOS Central License is required is when you need to supply food products to government offices or when you have to import and export food.
The Food license registration authority is an administration to guarantee that the food items experience certain quality checks, that helps to reduce the food adulteration and to serve standard items to the customers. This improves the obligation of produces to fabricate Food in a sterile way.
FSSAI FOSCOS LICENSE FEES
Foscos Fee for Manufacturing/ Processing units
All Food Manufacturing/ Processing units other than Dairy Units, Vegetable...
Foscos fee for Vegetable Oil Processing Units
Vegetable oil processing means processing of vegetables to produce vegetable...
FSSAI / FOSCOS Food License Fee for Milk Chilling Units
Dairy Units including Milk Chilling Units Dairy processing means handling,...